Sunday, January 10, 2010

Tony Judt's Grim Calculations

I hadn't realized until I looked at Aaronovitch Watch (a site which monitors the so-called Decent Left), today that Tony Judt has motor neurone disease.

I have a collection of his essays, Reappraisals, which features some excellent pieces on Arthur Koestler, Primo Levi, Albert Camus and others and is introduced with a variation of this essay which ponders how to make sense of a post-Cold War world.

This video of him, now quadriplegic, appearing in the Guardian, is a mostly dispassionate account in which he wrestles with the implications of his irreversible decline from this disease and the grim calculations he is forced to come to terms with.

3 comments:

Clark said...

Hi Angrysoba,

this is from Clark, commenter on Craig Murray's site. I'd like to have a private dialogue with you; I've looked around your site, but I can't find a 'contact me' button or anything. I'd rather not publish an e-mail address.

Apart from that, thanks for the 'Extreme Ice Loss' video. I'd like a copy of this in a video format - I hate the 'Flash Player' - if you know where I could find one, a link on your blog would be nice.

Best wishes,
Clark

angrysoba said...

Hi Clark,

Thanks for dropping by. I have tried to set up a contact mail address but something seems to have gone wrong with it.

I've just set up a new account which is:

angrysoba(at)yahoo(dot)com.

If you have any difficulty sending it to that address please tell me.

As for the "Extreme Ice Loss" video, I don't know where it can be found other than on You Tube. I discovered it on another site which debunks 9/11 theories, a German site called InfokriegTV (there is a link to that blog on the right).

Cheers!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.