Thursday, January 28, 2010

J. D Salinger Dies: I Didn't Do It!

A lot of conspiracy theorists find coincidences to be far too convenient to be believed. No way did four planes all get hijacked on the same day! Or, no way did three big buildings fall down later on! No way is that a coincidence, that's a conspiracy!

Well, technically they are completely correct, of course.

But I wonder what a conspiracy theorist will make of this one:

I had a half-day at NWO HQ on Wednesday, so I met up with a friend of mine (yes, even shills have friends) and we browsed Junkudo bookstore. I picked up J. D Salinger's Catcher In the Rye and asked, "Did you know J. D Salinger is still alive? He must be about ninety now and hasn't written anything for ages."

Later that day, J. D Salinger died.

He was 91.

No comments: