Monday, December 13, 2010

The World Is Not Enough...

 ...we also want a James Bond-esque underground lair in which to keep it!



I remember being somewhat amazed at seeing this painting in Pyongyang's "Korean Art Gallery" partly because of how evidently proud the curator looked. I would have thought a more fitting emotion would have been embarrassment given how overtly megalomaniacal the painting is.

But perhaps the most disturbing painting on display was of Korean patriots trying to save the trees with the names of leaders Kim Il-sung and Kim Jong-il carved into them. Again, it amazed me that the guides would show us a painting like this which seems to typify the difference in value that regular Koreans are held in when compared merely to the names of their leaders.


Unfortunately the picture is very unclear. If anyone has a higher resolution picture, I would be very grateful. This picture originally came from the Daily NK site, which, for some reason, my browser won't let me view.

4 comments:

kushibo said...

If I had that top photo in higher resolution, I'd use it as a blog banner. "Monster Island" is just sitting there.

If I had the name in Korean, I suppose I could Google it.

Clark said...

Angrysoba! I just dropped in to wish you Happy New Year. See you at Craig's.

Clark said...

Angrysoba, where are you? I sent you some messages months ago. Are you OK? I hope so.

Anonymous said...

http://in.news.yahoo.com/cia-spy-davis-giving-nuclear-bomb-material-al-20110219-224833-452.html